Tuesday, January 22, 2008

BRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I heart the weekend, and I especially heart long weekends. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr day, and I have to admit that I didn't do anything to really celebrate the legacy and dream of MLK Jr. One of our security guards at work, Willis, asked me if I was looking forward to "Black Peoples Day," during lunch last week. I told him I was looking forward to having a day off because it is much too hard to work five consecutive days after all the time we get off from Thanksgiving through New Year's. Well, that and I heart black people. Willis agreed. I cannot get across to you how funny Willis is, so I am done trying. He is my favorite security guard, and he will always try to "steal" your food or iPod when you're going through the metal detector. Those kind of things are the constants I have a hard time living without. I digress...



This weekend was a long weekend and that is due to the benefit of working for the government. A big THANK YOU to the ten paid government holidays I get every year, YOU ROCKASAURAS! It was a good weekend to burrow under the comforter and stay in bed all weekend because it was (as Kimmi would say) brisk. I do have to say that Kimmi uses that word liberally and often describes an October morning as brisk and carries that on into February as far as I can tell. I am trying to teach her the meaning of COLD and FREEZING, but she has a certain affinity to "brisk", one which I will never understand. Again, I digress. Instead of staying in bed, which sounds extremely appealing right now, I headed up north to the cabin. Yes, I went outside! ::Gasp:: It was a good time though, we spent most of the day on Sunday painting my bedroom up there so now there isn't BRIGHT PINK paint in there anymore. Talk about a pink nightmare. That room was a little much to be desired. Yesterday, my dad, The Silent Fury and I went out on the snowmobiles for some trail riding. It wasn't all that bad outside, but when the sun went down we could definitely feel the temperature change. A tid bit nipply...

So, I haven't told ya'll the best part of my weekend! I went to my FIRST EVER Minnesota Wild game. The SF and I went with a fellow tri buddy, Boomer. Boomer and his wife have season tickets and super sweet seats. It was a seriously good time. I'm hooked! I can't wait to go again, which may not be this year because tickets are not exactly cheap. We were close up to the action and it was amazing. Those guys are like OGRES on SKATES! Anywho, my break is over and in turn, so is this post. Have a fantastic (short) week!

2 comments:

Kimmi said...

It was FREAKING FREEZING this weekend! Even in the house! I can't believe you went out on snowmobiles! You r nutz! Oh, and Harlington J Barkington missed you terribly.

Pat Gibson said...

I'm glad my tax dollars paid for your day off... Good thing we all heart you. ;-)