Saturday, July 19, 2008

Did you miss me?

Ok, don't answer that. Apparently I had the "grass is always greener..." syndrome because moving to a different blogging site was not as good of an idea as I thought it would be. I liked being able to track my workouts, but I never actually followed through with it. The other reason I came back is because I would get SPAM! Spam on my blog? I never got that on good ole' blogger! So I'm back, and I apologize for making you change your links again....for all 2 of you that read my measly little site.

So, I guess I could actually tell you about my workouts today. Captain Cartwheel, Dr. B and I went out to Afton to ride the monster hills. This was my first real ride out in Afton because my last attempt was with the team and it got cut short. Just so Captain Cartwheel doesn't have to re-live the events of the day, I'll just tell you that it involved a crash, bang, and a skid (or two..). Back to today's ride. Hills. Many, many hills. I was told by my ride-mates that the hills we rode were not even close to as long as the hills we didn't ride in the area today. I was thankful for that because I was done with the all the hills by the end of the ride! It was fun though, and I'm really glad we went out this morning. It was really nice to finally get out and do a long ride with other people. It has been lonely doing all my long rides alone. I really don't have anything interesting to talk to myself about. I think I just told myself I think I'm boring. Anyway, we rode 77 miles of hilly countryside and I felt pretty accomplished when we finished.

Today I tried a product called Carbo-Pro, and it is a flavorless powder that you can put in any liquid to add calories. I put it in my bottles of Accelerade since I need to figure out a way to pack more calories in during my rides without having to carry a sack of groceries with me. I really liked what Carbo-Pro did for my performance today. I didn't feel hungry, I had a lot of energy I know I wouldn't have felt on a such a long ride, but there is one side-effect that Captain Cartwheel warned me had happened to her when she first used Carbo-Pro. (Warning: The following is not for the faint of heart!) I can spell out what Carbo-Pro did to my body in three letters: G-A-S! Holy buckets. My tummy started rumbling and I think I realize now why I felt so strong on the bike. I did about half the work with my legs and the other half with my bum. I could have powered a jet airplane, and I'm really surprised I didn't launch off my bike! So, if you can handle it, I have some Carbo-Pro that I will not be using and you can have it! You may want to take some Gas-X first..just a suggestion.

Happy trails!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here I had thought you just decided to stop training and give IMMOO a go SUPER fresh! :)

Honestly, it's too hard to blog and train... it makes me tired recounting races, training sessions, or even dinner!