Friday, September 5, 2008

I have arrived!

Captain Cartwheel, Mr. Fury and I arrived in Madison around 5pm yesterday. I got to meet the Boston Crew, and then we checked into the hotel. I wore my Gopher's apparel for good measure. It makes me feel better to show my Gopher Pride. Watch out Buckey, you may receive a swift kick in the shins from this Gopher fan...

I thought it would be HI-LARIOUS to leave some Gopher paraphernalia in Camp Randall, but I don't have anything with me. I'm guessing that I won't be able to find anything gopher related here either. I didn't know the stadium had turf in it because my original plan was to leave a Gopher flag in the grass, but that's not possible with turf. If anyone has ideas, let me know because my bro is another die-hard Gopher fan and I'm sure he can bring me something on Saturday.

Anyhow, enough about that craziness. Today I'm going to head down to Monona Terrace and pick up my race packet. Tonight we have the dinner and mandatory athlete meeting which will be very informative I'm sure. I'm going to try to lay out all my gear that I'm going to put in my transition and special needs bags. It's going to be a tough decision seeing as I brought almost all of my gear. Seriously. All. My. Gear. I couldn't take the suitcase I packed it all in on an airplane because it's so heavy.

And now, as promised, the update on the weather is not looking so great:

Sunday: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Currently, it's 56 and drizzling outside. The lake is going to feel like a hot tub! I think today will be a great day for a quick jog by the lake. I'm going to try to not freak out when I see the swim course. YIKES! Oh man, remember to breath Ms. R!

More to come later...

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! I love the idea of putting some Gopher stuff in the stadium! What's your number so I can track you?!

GOOD LUCK!!