Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Almost there....or am I?

The past couple of weeks I have started to feel antsy and the anticipation of the race is really starting to get to me. It's like I'm 8 years old again and I'm waiting for Santa Claus to come and deliver presents.

Today marks 25 days until race day, and after 8+ months of training so far, I'm starting to feel like it's so close, but yet so far away. Captain Cartwheel emailed me today and said that she's feeling a lack of motivation, and I understand that feeling. I realize that at this point in my training, I'm not going to gain too much more from long training rides or runs, but basically maintain what I have accumulated to this point. This leaves me thinking...so what's the point?? I could go do this race tomorrow if I had to, right?

I know I have to keep going so I don't lose any fitness from now until race day, but the couch is calling me especially now that the Olympics are on every night. Order me up a slice of Olympic pie and a side of Michael Phelps please... Tasty.

Just like this little guy, I have a few more stairs to climb until I get to the top.


2 comments:

Jon said...

Hold the Phelps and pass the Coughlin please!

Keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. 25 days is a drop in the bucket compared to 8 months. You're going to rock!

If you need to take your mind off IM training you can start to wonder how I'm going to get revenge. Mmmwhahahahahah (insert evil, sinister laugh sound here)!

Steve Stenzel said...

I don't know if I've been to your blog before, but I was at Chisago (I only did the sprint, but I stayed and cheered for the Half IM group in my yellow shorts).

And my wife and I did IM WI last year. Enjoy the taper!! Have fun!!