Thursday, August 21, 2008

I just want to breathe!

I don't know what's going on at work today with the air quality, but I have had a horrible time breathing. I got to work, and I was fine, but my throat started to feel a little irritated. By 10am, I had to take my inhaler and was having a panic attack because I was having such a hard time. I think I'm going to live, but wow! I have never had trouble like this before last week when the air quality seemed to start going downhill. Something fishy is going on around here...

Anywho, enough of that because I'm not going to suffocate today. Training is going well and I think it's because I know I only have a few more days of hard training until the official taper begins. I'm going to celebrate my last day of hard training by going to the Great Minnesota Get Together. Nothing says taper like deep fried food on a stick! Oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on a corn dog, some mini donuts, and don't you think for a second that I'm going to share my Sweet Martha's Cookies with you!

I also attribute the recent goodness to my training to the massive beat down I got from Strong Hands Terri on Monday night. Holy buckets, that woman spelled P-A-I-N all over my body for 90 of the longest minutes of my life. I told her halfway through the massage that I can survive Ironman if I can survive her. She was laughing so hard that she had to pause from beating me.

After the collassal karate chop from Strong Hands, I went to a family/friend get-together. My mom saw me drive up to the house and greeted me at the end of the driveway. She got a good laugh when I hobbled out of my car and said ever so sweetly, "Was Terri hard on you? You poor baby..." Thanks for the sympathy mom, can I have an ice pack...advil...a beer....or all three please? Ok, so I didn't get any of the requested, but I did get a nice cold glass of water and a mound of food. I know I'm eating a lot when my older brother says, "Geez Rach, that's more than I ate." I promptly laughed, smiled, stuffed my face and then went back for seconds. Yum.

That is for sure one thing I will not miss about IM training. I have become a bottomless pit, and I cannot wait to feel full again. I heart eating, but I'm really starting to get sick of it. ::GASP:: I know. I said it. I am sick of eating. My jaw hurts just thinking about it. Ah crap. Talking about food has made me hungry again. Ugh.

Happy eating...

1 comment:

Kris said...

In a way I can't wait to be sick of eating...I do way too much of that now! LOL. I am so excited for you to start your taper and I can't wait to cheer for you in Madison! Enjoy your State Fair Fat Fried Feasting :)